Racing NSW September 1 live blog.

You may also like...

16 Responses

1. Hareeba says:

Minimum bet rule results for me so far:
    Bet365 very quick to comply with no fuss.
    Unibet flat refusal to reopen my account.
    Betstar being deliberately difficult? by requiring certified docs.
    Centrebet cheating by offering lower odds once logged on.
    Luxbet and Sportsbet so far failed to respond to emails.

2. ME says:

Luxbet refusing to comply

3. jacklacton says:

I find it a bit suspicious that the worst of the corporates – Bet365 – has complied so quickly.

I suspect that what they’re doing is looking to see which currently restricted accounts start betting on NSW again and then check to see which accounts have a drop in turnover. With a bit of smarts they’ll be able to work out which unrestricted accounts are bowlers and gain a fair idea about who they belong to.

Give it a couple of weeks and they might restrict a bunch of accounts they deem bowlers and then join the rest of the corporate rabble in refusing to comply…

Maybe. I can’t believe that this leopard has changed its spots.

4. Steve says:

I think punters are smarter then that anyway, If they have currently open bowler accounts, they will continue to use them until they are limited and then move back to their own account for NSW and new bowlers for the rest.
    Whatever happens, it will be an interesting month.

5. Hareeba says:

Minimum Bet Rule Day 2 update:
    Sportsbet reopened my account no bother and appear to be giving me the correct odds 🙂
    Centrebet flatly refused to offer me the correct odds and challenged me to report them so I have!
    Unibet still not reopening my account so they too have been reported. Further, my funds not yet received.
    Luxbet still not replied to my request to reopen account.

6. Steve says:

I have also sent Centrebet an email, will update on the blog.

7. Riskypunter says:

I believe Bet365 are only compiling because they already have this ACCC on them for other reasons.

8. Steve says:

What other reasons?

9. Riskypunter says:

For the alleged misleading ‘Free’ and ‘Bonus’ offers. It’s going to court 10th October.

10. Hareeba says:

Day 3 update:
    Luxbet have now reactivated my account for NSW fixed odds 🙂

Meanwhile I see Sportsbet have taken it upon themselves to extend the NSW rule across all States 🙂

Still waiting on response to account reopen request to Classicbet

11. PhatKoch says:

What is a bowler account ?

12. wah says:

I wonder if sportsbet will let me bet on soccer and uk horses aswell anyway time to dust off the old sportsbet (and ias) account and see how we go.

13. Jason says:

I’m following this post with interest. Please keep it updated with any progress you uncover from the various bookies. Cheers!

1. September 1, 2014

[…] The big news this week was the introduction of mandatory limits on NSW racing. I have set up a live blog and will update it daily until all bookmakers have realised that their stupid loopholes won’t […]

2. September 3, 2014

[…] big news for September is the arrival of the minimum bet limits on NSW races. I have a live blog going as most bookmakers are trying to get around the rule in some very unscrupulous […]

3. September 7, 2014

[…] The issue is also a matter for vigorous debate on racing and punting blogs. […]